Sweet, refreshing watermelon gets even more sweet when grilled and drizzled with lemon agave!
Recipe of the Week
Grilled Watermelon Slices with Lemon Agave Syrup
Author: Bull BBQ
- 12 slices watermelon quarters, about 1-inch thick
- Agave syrup, for brushing watermelon slices
- 2 Lemons juiced
- Grated zest from ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons organic agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 – 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- Dash of salt
- Preheat grill to medium high and make sure grill grates are cleaned and oiled. Brush each side of watermelon lightly with some agave and place on grill. Grill until just marked, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with the lemon agave syrup made from blending together the lemon juice, lemon zest, agave, water, cayenne pepper, and salt. For extra kick, substitute a dash of jalapeno juice for cayenne!