This broccolini side dish, perfectly grilled on a Bull Grill, combines smoky, charred flavors with creamy burrata cheese and the delightful crunch of pistachios. Broccolini is a hybrid vegetable, a cross between broccoli and Chinese broccoli, characterized by slender, elongated stems topped with small florets. It has a mild, slightly sweet flavor with hints of broccoli and asparagus, making it a versatile and delicious addition to various dishes. This recipe is a perfect addition to any meal and will surely impress your friends and family.
- 1 bunch of fresh broccolini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 burrata cheese ball
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling optional
- Preheat your Bull Grill to medium-high heat. Make sure the grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- Wash the broccolini and trim any tough stems. Dry the broccolini with paper towels. Toss the broccolini with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until they are evenly coated.
- Place the broccolini directly on the grill grates. Grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until they have a nice char and are tender but still crisp. Remove the grilled broccoli from the grill and set it aside.
- Place the grilled broccolini on a serving plate. Tear the burrata cheese ball into pieces and distribute it over the broccolini. Sprinkle the shelled pistachios over the dish, providing a delightful crunch. Grate the zest of one lemon over the top for a fresh and zesty touch.
- Finish the dish by scattering fresh basil leaves over the top for a burst of color and flavor.
- If desired, drizzle with balsamic glaze for an extra layer of flavor and sweetness.
- Serve this grilled broccolini, burrata, and pistachio side dish while it’s still warm to enjoy the creamy, crunchy, and smoky flavors.