Bacon-wrapped anything grilled on a Bull Grill is always a winner in my book! Chicken drumsticks are extremely flavorful and loaded with great flavor, especially when wrapped in bacon. The prep needed to grill bacon-wrapped chicken drumsticks is very easy. Marinating the chicken drumsticks before isn’t necessary, but it will add more depth to the chicken.
- 1/2 Cup Agave Nectar
- 1 Chipotle Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Adobe Sauce from Chipotle Pepper can
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Lime squeezed
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbsp Bull Sweet Heat BBQ Rub
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1-2 Pounds Chicken Legs
- 12 slices Bacon (thick cut)
- Place all ingredients (except the chicken& bacon) in a food processor and puree until thoroughly incorporated.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and pour in marinade. Mix with gloved hands until the marinade has completely covered the chicken.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl and let the excess marinade drip off. Wrap the bacon around the drumstick, starting at the bone. If needed, add another slice of bacon to cover the drumstick.
- Preheat a Bull Grill to High with the lid closed for 10 minutes. Open the lid and lower the temperature to medium. Place the bacon-wrapped chicken drumsticks on the grill. Turn the chicken every 5-10 minutes. Be on the look out flare-ups caused by the bacon grease catching fire, if this happens move the chicken to a different part of the grill. Grill, until the chicken legs reach an internal temperature of 165°F, and are fully cooked. Remove from the Bull Grill and enjoy.