Some recipes just need to be grilled on a Bull Griddle for the full tasty experience. Recently I found thin sliced top sirloin at the store, and my grilling wheels started turning with all the great things I could make with it. I couldn’t choose between Philly Cheesesteaks or fajitas, and that’s when I decided to combine both into something extraordinary. Using the power of a Bull Griddle combined with even cooking thanks to the chromium-plated griddle, I made this recipe in a flash. The perfectly caramelized beef, buttery toasted rolls, and cheesy goodness make the ultimate combo. The Philly Cheesesteak Torta is perfect for homegating, sipping drinks by the pool, or just relaxing with the family.
- 3 lbs Beef Loin Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Garlic minced
- 3 Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion sliced
- 16 oz Salsa your favorite variety
- 2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 cup Queso Sauce
- 9 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 12 Bolios sliced in half Mexican Style Sandwich Rolls
- Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Lightly oil the griddle. Brush the garlic butter mixture on the inside of both slices of bread. Place the bread on the griddle butter side down. Grill until the bread is toasted and golden. Remove bread from the griddle and set it aside.
- Carefully wipe the griddle of excess food. Lightly oil the griddle and add the peppers & onions. Season with salt and the remainder of the garlic butter mixture. Grill until the bell peppers and onions are cooked but still have a slight crunch.
- Carefully wipe the griddle of excess food. Raise the temperature of the griddle to medium-high. Lightly oil the griddle and spread the thinly sliced beef loin over the griddle top. Cook until the meat begins to brown. Add the salsa and 2 tbsp of garlic. Season with salt & pepper. When the meat is cooked, lower the temperature to low and the bell peppers & onions to the meat.
- Divide the meat mixture into three or four long piles. Top each pile with queso sauce and cheddar cheese. Close the lid for 5 minutes and allow the cheese to melt.
- Use a spatula to place meat in between two slices of bolio bread. Enjoy immediately.