Anytime I see short ribs on a menu I just have to order them. It’s always been one of my favorite entrees to order at a restaurant but the reality is it’s super easy to make using a Bull Grill! All you need is a little bit of time and the right ingredients to create an amazing and elevated dinner. Using a smoke box and the indirect heat method will help you grill succulent and tasty short ribs every time on a Bull Grill.
- 1-2 slabs of Beef Short Ribs
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 1/4 cup Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Yellow Mustard
- 2 quarts beef stock
- 1 pint red wine
- Start by trimming away any silver skin and the fat cap slightly.
- Coat the entire slab with mustard and heavily season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place the meat on a foil lined sheet tray. (You can refrigerate up to 12 hours before cooking for concentrated flavors but it’s not needed.)
- Place in the middle of a Bull Grill that has been preheated to 250° using the indirect heat method.
- Grill for 2 hours with the lid closed (Use a smoke box to give the meat a smokier flavor).
- Carefully transfer the meat into a large heavy duty pan. Fill pan with beef stock and wine until the meat is mostly covered. Cover with foil and place the pan back in the grill.
- Grill for another 3-4 hours or until the meat is fork tender. Allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with pasta, roasted veggies, risotto, or greens.