We are all booked solid now that the holiday rush is on. This is a nice and easy (with a little heat) go-to to have in your arsenal for a quick dinner or it can be dressed up for a holiday party and served at room temperature.
The salmon is simply seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, white pepper, and cayenne. The mock aïoli is equally as simple, but full of flavor. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side and a few sprigs of fresh cilantro.
- For Sriracha Aïoli:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, creamed or pushed through a garlic press
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 (6-ounce) Salmon fillets
- For seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Whisk together the aïoli ingredients until well-combined. Cover and let set on the counter for up to an hour to let the flavors meld; any longer refrigerate. The longer the aïoli sits the better the flavor.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and brush with a little oil.
- Set up grill for cooking over medium-high heat. Brush and oil grates before cooking. Place fish on the grill (flesh-side down) at a 45° angle to the grates cook for 4 to 6 minutes then use a SPATULA to flip. Cook for another 5 minutes or so. The salmon is done when it is still moist, flake with a fork and has just turned opaque at the center.
- Serve hot, room temp or even chilled with a generous helping of sriracha aïoli.
Cheers and Happy Grilling!