Grilling an amazing-tasting veggie burger is a lot easier than one might think with the right combination of ingredients and a Bull Griddle. I found the secret is combining bold veggies with the right amount of moisture, texture, and flavor to create a burger that can stand up to its beefy cousin. In the latest installment of our Grilling Master Class: The Ultimate Veggie Burger 101, I’ll teach you to combine black beans, chickpeas, and broccolini into a burger that pairs amazingly with a chipotle almond butter aioli.
- 1 can black bean rinsed & drained
- 1 can chickpea rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup Broccoli finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp Bull Grills Burger Rub
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1 grilled lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pork panko
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- In a food processor combine black beans, chickpeas, Bull Burger Rub, sea salt, red wine vinegar, olive oil, grilled lemon juice, & eggs. Pulse until the beans are broken up but not pureed.
- Fold in pork panko or bread crumbs, broccolini, red onions, and bell pepper. Gently mix the mixture until it’s thoroughly incorporated.
- Form into desired size burger patties. Grill on a lightly greased medium heat preheated Bull Griddle until both sides are caramelized. It should take about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Chipotle Almond Butter AioliPrint
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Combine ingredients in a bowl & mix well. Refrigerate until needed.