Rolled skirt steak fajitas grilled on a Bull Grill are a mouthwatering dish that combines the savory goodness of skirt steak with the vibrant flavors of fajitas. They are easy to prepare and use a tasty yet affordable cut of beef to create a delightful fusion of flavors and textures. Whether cooking for your family or showcasing your culinary skills, this unique twist on a classic recipe will surely be a hit. These rolled skirt steak fajitas are a that will undoubtedly impress your family and family.
- **For the Marinade:**
- – 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- – 1/4 cup avocado oil
- – 2 cloves garlic minced
- – 1 teaspoon cumin
- – 1 teaspoon chili powder
- – 1 teaspoon paprika
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- – Juice of 1 lime
- – 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- **For the Fajita Filling:**
- – 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- – 1 onion thinly sliced
- – 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- – 8 large flour tortillas
- **Optional Toppings:**
- – Salsa guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Start by cleaning and trimming the skirt steak. Remove any excess fat or silver skin. If you want smaller individual-sized rolls, cut the skirt steak into six-inch by six-inch pieces. Combine the avocado oil, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, lime juice, and chopped cilantro to create the marinade. Place the skirt steak in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it, ensuring it is well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or longer for better flavor absorption.
- Toss the thinly sliced red and green bell peppers and onions in avocado oil. Place the veggies on a Bull Grill preheated to medium-high using a grill mat or grill basket if needed. Season with salt and pepper and grill until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized, about 5-7 minutes. Set them aside.
- After marinating, remove the skirt steak from the fridge and let it come to room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. Lay the skirt steak flat and place some of the sautéed fajita vegetables & cheese on top. Be sure to roll the skirt steak in the direction of the grain, so that when slicing the roll, you are cutting against the grain. Carefully roll the steak around the filling, securing it with toothpicks or kitchen twine if needed.
- Grill the rolled skirt steak rolls on a Bull Grill preheated to medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes per side or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Be aware of flare-ups and be ready to move the steak rolls to a different section. Skirt steak is best-served medium-rare to medium for tenderness. Remove the steak rolls from the heat and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting, slice the rolled skirt steak against the grain and into thin rounds, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place a few slices of the grilled skirt steak on warm tortillas. Top with the grilled fajita vegetables and any optional toppings you desire, such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Serve your rolled skirt steak fajitas immediately while hot and flavorful.