One of my favorite recipes to cook on my Bull Grill is Zucchini Noodles with a Grilled Peperonata and Sausage Sauce. This dish offers a healthy twist on classic pasta, featuring zucchini noodles as the star ingredient. A peperonata sauce is an Italian sauce that is made with grilled bell peppers as well as tomatoes. Not only does it cater to those seeking a low-carb alternative, but it’s also a fantastic way to incorporate more vegetables into your family’s diet.
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 2 bell peppers (grilled and diced) red and yellow for a pop of color
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Spiralize the zucchini to create zucchini noodles and set them aside.
- Heat some olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet on a Bull Side Burner. Add the sausage and cook until browned, breaking it into smaller pieces.
- Add the diced bell peppers, minced garlic, and dried oregano to the skillet. Sauté for a few minutes until the flavors meld.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and let the sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Serve the zucchini noodles topped with the sausage and bell pepper sauce. Garnish with ricotta, burrata, or parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- The zucchini noodles can also be cooked with a little oil on a Bull Griddle. Place them in small nests or piles and cook over medium heat for a few minutes on the griddle.