Few things scream American Food more than Hot Dogs, Bacon, and Mac & Cheese. Put them all together and you have a tasty way to celebrate America while tailgating, at a pool party, or celebrating the 4th of July!
I know the list of ingredients for this recipe sounds heart stopping but with a few tweaks you can feel good about being bad.
- Substitute turkey bacon instead of traditional pork bacon.
- Use a turkey or vegan hot dog.
- Instead of a bun try using lettuce to wrap it.
- Try a gluten free or rice flower mac & cheese.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Mac & CheesePrint
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 16 Strips of Bacon
- 1 Box Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grilled Onions
- 1/4 cup Grilled Jalapeño
- 1/4 cup Bacon Crumbles
- Cook Mac & Cheese according to directions, stir in grilled onions, bacon crumbles, & jalapeño and set aside for later.
- Cook bacon on Bull Slide-In Removable Griddle until it is partially cooked but not crisped (about 50% done)
- Remove bacon from heat. Place on paper towels & let cool slightly.
- Wrap hot dogs with bacon. Depending on the length of the hot dogs you may have to use two pieces of bacon. It is also advisable to use toothpicks to help hold the bacon on.
- Grill on a medium grill until the bacon is crisp and the hot dogs are cooked thoroughly.
- Place in bun or lettuce wrap and top with macaroni and cheese mixture.
Katie Frazier says
This was great! I make bacon wrapped hotdogs all the time! It’s my family’s favorite. I’ll have to try the Mac n cheese!
When I first saw the headline, I envisioned hotdogs wrapped in bacon served with mac and cheese like a casserole. I didn’t think about actual hot dogs on a bun, but this does sound good and perfect for a July 4 gathering.
Annie Ngai says
Oh wow, these look amazing! I adore mac and cheese and hot dogs, so putting the two together is genius!!