Few things scream American Food more than Hot Dogs, Bacon, and Mac & Cheese. Put them all together and you have a tasty way to celebrate America while tailgating, at a pool party, or celebrating the 4th of July!
I know the list of ingredients for this recipe sounds heart stopping but with a few tweaks you can feel good about being bad.
- Substitute turkey bacon instead of traditional pork bacon.
- Use a turkey or vegan hot dog.
- Instead of a bun try using lettuce to wrap it.
- Try a gluten free or rice flower mac & cheese.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Mac & CheesePrint
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 16 Strips of Bacon
- 1 Box Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grilled Onions
- 1/4 cup Grilled Jalapeño
- 1/4 cup Bacon Crumbles
- Cook Mac & Cheese according to directions, stir in grilled onions, bacon crumbles, & jalapeño and set aside for later.
- Cook bacon on Bull Slide-In Removable Griddle until it is partially cooked but not crisped (about 50% done)
- Remove bacon from heat. Place on paper towels & let cool slightly.
- Wrap hot dogs with bacon. Depending on the length of the hot dogs you may have to use two pieces of bacon. It is also advisable to use toothpicks to help hold the bacon on.
- Grill on a medium grill until the bacon is crisp and the hot dogs are cooked thoroughly.
- Place in bun or lettuce wrap and top with macaroni and cheese mixture.