Turkey is a must at my house during the holidays! Sometimes though we like to shake things up by grilling turkey a little different. Whether it’s Thanksgiving or just Sunday dinner my Chorizo Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast is always a family favorite.
- 1 Turkey Breast
- 16 ounces Chorizo or Spicy Italian Sausage
- 12 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Bull Burger Rub
- Start by placing a turkey breast on a cutting board. Cut the breast lengthwise using a sharp knife to cut through the turkey just until you’ve reached the other side without cutting through. Once open if possible try to cut the turkey again the same way so that the turkey breast is as flattened as possible. Place the turkey breast on a plastic wrap and then place plastic wrap over the breast. Use a meat mallet to pound out the turkey to 1/4 of an inch thick without tearing the skin.
- Place the turkey breast on a foil lined sheet tray. Lay strips of bacon under the turkey. Season both sides of the turkey breast with salt and Bull Burger Rub. Place the chorizo in the center of the turkey lengthwise. Roll the flattened turkey breast around the chorizo and then wrap the bacon around the turkey so that the seam is under the turkey.
- Place the pan with the turkey on it in a Bull Grill that has been preheated to medium or around 350° using indirect heat. Grill the turkey until it has reached an internal temperature of the 160. Remove from the Bull Grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Pro Tip – If the bacon is beginning to look too crispy cover it with foil while it is cooking.