It’s not a typo and I’m not taking about Zoltar from the movie Big. Za’atar is the name of a Middle Eastern spice blend commonly made up of Oregano Leaves, Sumac, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Cumin Seed Powder, & Sea Salt. The spice blend packs a huge flavor punch and one of my favorite ways to use it is by making Za’atar Lemon Chicken.Jump to Recipe
Cooking with a combination of za’atar and lemon juice has the potential to give your body a double whammy of natural goodness. In some circles using a za’atar spice blend is known to improve the immune system, boost skin health, build strong bones, increase circulation, clear out the respiratory tracts, soothe inflammation, boost energy, improve mood, aid memory, and has the potential to treat chronic diseases. And using lemon juice is known to support heart health, help control weight, and protect against anemia.
- Bull Grill
- Bull Outdoor Products Vineyard Hardwood 3PC BBQ Tool Set
- 2 lbs Chicken thigh
- 1/4 cup Za’atar spice blend
- 1 tbsp Orange peel powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Ground cumin seed
- 2 tbsp Sea salt
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix. Then add in lemon juice and mix again. Make sure that none of the spices are clumped together.
- Slowly drizzle avocado oil into your mixture while continuing to mix.
- Add in chicken thigh and thoroughly coat them with spice marinade.
- Refrigerate in marinade for 2-24 hours.
- Using your Bull Grill, grill on medium high heat until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.