Zucchini Parmesan Fricos are a fantastic and easy appetizer to grill on your Bull Griddle or Slide-In Griddle. Oftentimes called Parmesans Crips, Fricos, are made primarily from parmesan cheese that has melted and then crisped. This low-carb recipe is excellent on its own or as an appetizer or accompaniment for pasta or salads. The key to creating this recipe is maintaining a constant & even temperature to prevent the frico from burning, which is easy when using the chromium-plated griddle found on a Bull Griddle.
- 1 Zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 6 Basil Leafs
- Place 1/4 cup of cheese on a preheated medium-high heat Bull Griddle.
- Grill for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has begun to caramelize slightly. The middle part of the cheese should be melted and bubbling.
- Top the melted cheese with zucchini. Spoon a tablespoon of pizza sauce on top of the zucchini. Then sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the zucchini and pizza sauce.
- Cover the lid of the Bull Griddle and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has crisped up and the mozzarella has melted.
- Turn the heat off and wait a minute. The cheese will still be slightly soft. Carefully remove the frico using a spatula and place it on paper towels.
- Top with basil, and enjoy.