The 30″ Bull Commercial Style Griddle and Bull Slide-In Removable Griddle are versatile and user-friendly cooking surfaces that can be used to create a wide variety of delicious dishes, including this recipe for smashed potatoes. The griddle’s large cooking area and even heat distribution make it perfect for evenly cooking and crisping your potatoes. Plus, the griddle’s non-stick surface makes it easy to clean up after cooking. The potatoes are perfectly cooked, with a crispy exterior and a soft, fluffy interior. Adding fresh herbs, butter, and bacon gives the potatoes a savory flavor that will surely please everyone at the table.
- 1 pound baby potatoes scrubbed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bacon Cooked & Crumbled
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions or Chives
- In a large pot of salted water, bring the potatoes to a boil on a Bull Side Burner. Cover and cook until fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pot, and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the potatoes are dry. Toss the potatoes in the olive oil, butter, and rosemary.
- Transfer the potatoes to the preheated griddle & lightly oiled griddle. Using a flat-bottomed heavy glass cup or potato smasher, carefully smash the potatoes until they are about 1/2 inch thick. Turn with a fisher turner or steel spatula and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown and crispy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the griddle and serve immediately with your favorite garnishes such as sour cream, bacon bits, chives, or herb butter.