You can’t go wrong with surf & turf pasta. One of my favorite date night recipes is grilling lobster and steaks and turning it into a yummy pasta with an ancho chile cream sauce.
Steak & Lobster with an Ancho Chile Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (assorted)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 16 oz fettuccine (cooked & drained)
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese
- 1 tbsp Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 lb Lobster Claws previously cooked, frozen, and thawed
- 1 lb Lobster Tail
- 1/4 cup Sweet Peas
- 1 tbsp fresh Basil
- 1 Ribeye cooked to your desired doneness and sliced
- On your, Bull Side Burner heat a skillet to medium and add butter to the skillet. Once the butter melts, add the cherry tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook in the butter for five minutes without touching. When the tomatoes begin to burst use a cooking spoon to lightly smash them. Add in cream, peas, ancho chile powder, & Italian seasoning. Bring to a light simmer and reduce the cream by half, approximately 8 minutes. Add in cheese.
- Cook your ribeye steak to your desired doneness on your Bull Bison Charcoal Grill or on your Bull Gas Grill. For more tricks on grilling, steaks visit our YouTube Channel.
- Normally I lightly season the lobster tails with salt and a tablespoon of butter. I then grill it meat side up on a medium Bull Grill. Once the meat turns white I turn it over to get a little char on the meat. Lobster overcooks quickly so you really want to keep an eye on it while it cooks. For more info on grilling lobster check out our other grilled lobster recipes.
- Add previously cooked lobster claws, and pasta to the cream mixture. Season with salt to taste. Use tongs to toss together ingredients in a pan until all the ingredients are hot. Top with lobster tail meat and sliced steak. Serve immediately.