I love a great steak (cooked on a Bull Gas Grill or for a little smokiness on a Bison Charcoal Grill) and most steak aficionados will agree that a good steak doesn’t need sauce. However, I think some steaks benefit from an awesome sauce. Personally I love to pair a sauce with a less tender or lesser quality cut. One of the sauces I love to make is a symphony of flavors that perfectly complements the beefy goodness of a New York Strip. The sauce is layered with earthy mushrooms, slightly spicy mustard powder, and creamy gorgonzola to become the perfect companion to a steak. It also works well over chicken or pork.Jump to Recipe
Steak & Mushroom Mustard Gorgonzola Sauce
- Bull Grill
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup sliced & grilled mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cooked steak, chicken breast, or pork chop
- Remove cloves of roasted garlic from Bull The Cast Iron Garlic Roaster & mash with a fork.
- In a medium saucepan over Side Kick Cart Side Burner at MED-LOW heat, add in cream and garlic and heat to a simmer.
- Reduce cream by half, whisking periodically.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients and mix until cheese has melted completely.
- Serve hot over steak, chicken breast, or pork chops.