To quote Ferris Bueller “Life moves pretty fast…” which is why I love it when I can make an amazing dish quickly. Sweet potatoes are one of my family’s favorite sides and extremely easy to cook on a Bull Grill. Not only are sweet potatoes tasty but they are packed with awesome nutrients. This dish is so amazing that it can easily transform from a side dish to a main dish by adding a little protein.
For this recipe I don’t use frozen sweet potatoes but I can often find precut sweet potatoes in the refrigerated department at my local grocery store. If I’m cutting the sweet potatoes myself I often leave the skin on after I give them a good rinse in the sink. If you want to increase the protein of this dish I like using black beans or mushrooms.
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Everything Seasoning
- 1 cup bell peppers assorted colors & diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked & crispy
- Preheat the Bull Grill to medium-high (approximately 425 degrees). Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed together.
- Spread out ingredients in an even layer over a grill basket. Lower heat of the middle burners to low and place grill basket on top. Toss every 5 minutes cooking for a total of 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro & bacon.