Roasting a prime rib at my house is always a great way to celebrate the holidays & special occasions. However, I recently fell in love with another cut of beef that is similar and packed with flavor. The Beef Loin Top Loin Whole (yes I know it has a long name) makes an amazing roast or can even be cut down into nice NY steaks. It’s slightly less marbled than a ribeye but without sacrificing flavors and juiciness.
Garlic Herb Marinade Ingredients
- Beef Loin Top Loin Whole Roast or NY Roast
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp cloves
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic pureé
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Garlic Horseradish Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic pureé
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mayo
- Combine all of the ingredients for the Garlic Herb Marinade and pour over the roast. Place roast in the fridge to marinate for 8-12 hours before grilling. Remove from fridge an hour before grilling.
- Roast on Bull Grill using indirect heat at medium-high (approximately 500 degrees) for 10 minutes to develop a crust. Lower temp to medium (approximately 350 degrees) and loosely tent with aluminum to prevent the crust from burning. Cook until the desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and place in a warm area or loosely covered with aluminum foil. Rest for 20-30 minutes before slicing.
- To make Garlic Horseradish Sauce combine all of the ingredients and thoroughly mix. Place sauce in the fridge until ready to enjoy.