Flank steak is super affordable and can be a little tough, but with a little love, it can outshine practically almost any steak. I love slicing the flank steak open and stuffing it with sliced cheese and cured meat. The great thing about grilling stuffed flank steak is that you can easily change the entire dinner by changing the ingredients you use for the stuffing.
- 2 cups pork panko
- 2 tbsp herbs de Provence
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6-12 slices muenster cheese
- 24-48 slices pepperoni
- 1-2 flank steaks
- Combine pork panko, herbs, crushed garlic, 1 tsp salt, & oil in a bowl. Set aside for later.
- Start by squaring the flank steak by slicing off the tips (just cut a little bit). Slicing horizontally across the steak & against the grain, butterfly the flank steak. Position steak so that the grain runs parallel to the edge of the counter. Start by placing a thin layer of the pork panko mixture on the meat. Then place a layer of cheese followed by the pepperoni covering 3/4 of the meat.
- Gently but tightly roll the flank steak and secure with twine placed about 1.5 inches apart. Then slice the flank steak between the twine so that each piece is 1.5 inches wide. Season both sides with 1 tsp salt.
- Place on medium-high preheated & greased Bull Grill. Grill flank steak pinwheels to your desired temperature. It should take about 3 minutes on each side.
- Once the steak has reached your desired temperature remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes with loosely tented aluminum foil.