I’m just going to go ahead & say it, you can grill carrots and they taste amazing! I love tossing them in a little olive oil before grilling them on my Bull Grill. Then once they have a little char on them I baste the carrots with brown butter and I finish them off with fresh herbs and flake salt. The nutty sweetness of grilled carrots is the perfect addition to an everyday meal or special event.
- 12 whole heirloom carrots peeled, cleaned, dried, & tops removed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon flake salt
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- Lightly coat carrots in avocado oil.
- Place carrots on a Bull Grill preheated to medium. Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes with the lid closed, turning once during grilling. The carrots should develop slight char marks before turning.
- Add butter to a heavy-duty saucepot. Melt butter over medium heat on Bull side burner. Cook until dark amber, stirring often, for about 5-6 minutes, and be careful not to let it burn.
- When the butter turns dark amber and has a nutty aroma, pull the pan off the heat. Begin basting the carrots with the brown butter using a pastry brush once you have turned them.
- Grill carrots to your desired tenderness. I normally check them by piercing with a fork until I feel a soft crunch in the middle.
- Brush once more with brown butter and season with herbs & flake salt. Serve immediately.