Have you ever heard of a Hazelnut Bananas Foster Pizza? Now you have, and it’s the perfect way to round out your next pizza party. I often make extra dough for dessert pizzas when preparing our Bull Grills NY Style Pizza Dough recipe. This New Orleans classic is upgraded with hazelnut and a perfectly baked pizza crust. Dessert Pizzas are yummy and extremely easy to personalize. No matter what toppings you choose, a pizza baked in a Bull Gas Fired Italian Made Pizza Oven will surely be a winner.
- 3 Bananas peeled & cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup Hazelnut Spread
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Banana Liquor
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Chopped Nuts
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chocolate Sauce
- 1 ball of Pizza Dough
- Prepare the Basic NY Style Pizza Dough according to the recipe. Stretch the pizza dough and place it on your semolina-dusted pizza peel. Use a fork to lightly poke 20-30 holes in the dough and set aside.
- Using medium heat, melt the butter in a heavy-duty sauté pan over a Bull Side Burner. Continuously whisk and cook until the butter is melted and bubbly. Mix in the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Arrange the bananas in the butter mixture and cook for 60 seconds or until caramelized. Use a fish spatula to turn the bananas over and cook the other side. Drizzle the banana liquor over the bananas and sauce. Place a lighter right on top of the bananas and sauce. Ignite the lighter & alcohol and flambé while gently shaking the pan. Once the flame goes out, remove the pan from the Bull Side Burner.
- Bake the pizza dough in a preheated Bull Pizza Oven until the crust is golden. Remove the pizza crust from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread the hazelnut spread over the pizza, followed by the bananas and sauce. Top with nuts and chocolate sauce. Place the pizza back in the Bull Pizza Oven for 10-20 seconds to warm the toppings, then remove.
- Slice the pizza and serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.