Let’s face it…bread is awesome! Although it rarely happens in my house sometimes we have left over bread. That’s when we make a Grilled Panzanella Salad!Jump to Recipe
Typically a Panzanella is a Tuscan chopped salad of stale bread, onions and tomatoes that is popular in the summer. However I love making this salad anytime of the year and especially during the holidays when we have a lot of extra bread.
Although this recipe typically calls for stale bread I love the taste of using grilled bread along with grilled heirloom tomatoes. The salad is fresh, crisp, and a great addition to any get together.
- Bull Grill
- 1 loaf sliced French or Italian bread
- 2 baby cucumbers sliced
- 4 whole heirloom tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 whole red onion very thinly sliced
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup whole basil leaves chopped finely
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cubed
- olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt
- Preheat the Bull Grill to low-medium. Lightly spray bread with olive oil. Place bread on grill for a few minutes to slightly crisp it.
- Toss tomatoes and bell peppers in a little olive oil and grill for 10 minutes or until they have grill marks on them. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Gently combine all ingredients together and toss until they are thoroughly incorporated. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste.