Fennel often looks like an intimidating and unruly vegetable but it’s very easy to work with and extremely tasty when grilled. Grilled fennel pairs extremely well with blood oranges and together they make a formidable combination. Fennel has a lot of uses from making a pesto with it to adding it to sausage or pasta. The same can be said with Blood Oranges with their subtle and unique flavors Grill them on a Bull Grill and you’re guaranteed to be in for an amazing experience.
- 2 Blood Oranges quartered
- 2 Fennel Bulbs trimmed and cut in half
- 2 Cups Salad Mix
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Rub the blood oranges and fennel bulbs with olive oil and season.
- Place it on a Bull Grill that's been preheated to medium-high heat. Grill each side for about 2-3 minutes or until you have nice grill marks. Be sure not to overcook as it will burn easily.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Remove the rind from the orange and chop the fennel.
- Build your salad with fresh greens, blood orange, and fennel. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and olive oil or with your favorite dressing.