Recently I was visiting my local farmer’s market and I couldn’t resist purchasing some of their beautiful fennel. Buying fennel is always such a treat because it is full of flavor and is incredible in a variety of dishes. My first thought when I bought the fennel was to pair it with some fresh lemons from my garden. Since fennel is a little crunchy I decided to grill it on my Bull Grill and turn into a refreshing grilled salad.
- 4 fennel bulbs
- 2 Meyer lemons
- 1/4 cup shaved Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus 1 tbsp for drizzling
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut fennel in half lengthwise. Remove fennel fronds and save for later.
- Toss lemons and fennel in olive oil.
- Grill on a preheated medium heat Bull Grill until grill marks have appeared. Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature or place in fridge for later use.
- Arrange fennel on a plate or bowl and squeeze grilled lemon over it. Season with salt, pepper and garnish with fennel fronds. Top with shaved Romano cheese.