Ultimate Chicken & Cauliflower SoupPrint
- 4 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, trimmed of extra skin
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 64 ounces chicken bone broth
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup celery rib halved lengthwise and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Swiss chard thinly sliced for garnish
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- Salt and pepper
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large heavy-duty pot over medium-high heat on Bull Side Burner until oil is shimmering. Cook chicken thighs skin side down until deep golden brown, about 4-5 minutes, in batches, so that the chicken isn’t touching. Turn thighs and lightly brown second side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the pot and cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove browned chicken and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add spices & vegetables to the pot. Gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering remove the skin from the chicken thigh if desired and remove meat from bones. Shred or chop meat into smaller pieces and add the chicken back to the soup.
- Simmer another 15 minutes until the soup has concentrated a bit more. Season with salt to your taste. Garnish with Swiss chard or herbs.
- Serve hot and enjoy!