I love cooking with cranberries during the holidays. There are so many fun ways to use them besides making a cranberry sauce. One of my favorite ways to use cranberries is to make Grilled Cranberry & Brie Pockets as an appetizer for the family using my Bull Grill. It’s a great combination of flavor and a great way to start our holiday fun.
I love baking in my Bull Grill, I find that it gives my food a great flavor you won’t find from baking in a traditional oven.
Brie is an amazing cheese and pairs great with the Crescent rolls and bacon. The cranberries give a little burst of tartness and flavor to this amazing appetizer. Although I normally use fresh cranberries you can always use canned cranberries in this recipe instead.
Grilled Cranberry & Brie PocketsPrint
- 1 package Crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked & crispy
- 1 wheel of brie rind trimmed down slightly
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp fresh herbs
- Preheat Bull Grill to 350 degrees using indirect heat. Turn outer most burners to medium heat and leave the innermost burners off.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Unroll Crescent rolls and cut them into squares (keep two triangles together and cut them in half to make a square), which will give you 8 squares. If using a standard size muffin tin, use one square per muffin pan hole. Push square of Crescent rolls into the muffin pan hole, leaving some hanging over the muffin pan hole edge.
- Place a slice of brie, some cranberries, and some crumbled bacon into each muffin pan hole, on top of the Crescent roll dough.
- Fold Crescent roll overfilling leaving a little bit exposed.
- Bake in Bull Grill for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.