Eggnog can be a decadent holiday treat, but it’s incredible how easily it can be whipped up in a Bull Outdoor Kitchen. All it takes is a little patience and a Bull Side Burner to make this yummy drink. The trick to making the perfect eggnog is to maintain slow and even heat while cooking. After you’ve made eggnog in your Bull Outdoor Kitchen, you can drink it chilled, with alcohol, or in a coffee.
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Paste
- 3/4 cup Vanilla Infused Sugar
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk the egg yolks and sugar until they are light and frothy. Set aside the egg mixture.
- Slowly pour the warm milk mixture into the bowl with egg yolks a bit at a time while whisking. Continue to add the warm milk a bit at a time until it’s all been added to the egg yolks. This important process is called tempering and it'll prevent the eggs from cooking too fast. If the egg yolks begin to resemble scrambled eggs you’ll have to begin again.
- Return the eggnog to the sauce pot and Bull Side Burner. Gently simmer until the eggnog reaches 160°F and then remove it from the heat.
- If desired, strain the eggnog using a fine mesh strainer and cool completely & immediately. The eggnog will thicken in the fridge as it cools.
- Serve cold or pair with your favorite coffee or alcohol. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and whipped cream.