Whether its game day or I just need to warm my bones during the winter, chili is often the right answer. In my book, there is almost never a wrong way to make chili. Some people add beans and others don’t. Some add canned tomatoes and others like myself like using leftover salsa to create the base of their chili. My goto chili has several subtle levels of heat and amazing flavor brought together in my Bull Outdoor Kitchen.
- 16 oz Fresh Hot Style Salsa
- 32 oz Fresh Medium Style Salsa
- 1 lbs. Pork Chorizo Fully Cooked
- 15 oz. Pinto Beans Canned, rinsed, & drained
- 1 cup Bell Pepper grilled & diced
- 1/2 cup Onions grilled & diced
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno grilled & diced
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tso Mexican Oregano
- Add all ingredients into a cast iron pot. Stir to combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat on a Bull Side Burner. Cover and simmer for 60-90 minutes.
- Remove from and season to taste.
- Enjoy with your favorite chili toppings.
Chef Anthony’s Pro Tips – Cook using indirect heat on a Bison Charcoal Grill to add a subtle smokey flavor or on a Bull Gas Grill using an Easy-Fill Smoker Box.