Tomato sauce, chili powder, honey, and vinegar make this flank steak tangy delicious!
Recipe of the Week
Spicy & Sweet Flank Steak
Author: Bull BBQ
- 2-3 pounds of ¾ inch thick beef flank steak
- ¼ cup chopped Vidalia sweet onion
- 1 freshly minced garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon soft butter or margarine
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- For the Spicy & Sweet sauce, in a small saucepan combine and cook over medium heat the onion, garlic, and chili powder in margarine or butter until the onion and garlic are tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Bring entire mixture to boiling, stirring constantly and keep at boil until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Trim excess fat from the flank steak and score the meat diagonally into diamonds on both sides. Brush with the Spicy Sweet sauce and grill the steak directly over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes. Turn the steak over and continue to grill to desired doneness, allowing 5-7 minutes more for medium, or when the meat thermometer reaches the correct range. Brush occasionally with the remaining sauce, let meat set a few minutes after cooking, then thinly slice against the grain to serve.