The best thing about potato salad is that you can pretty much add what ever you want to it and it will be delicious. This one just happens to be a take on my favorite way to eat baked potatoes! 😉
Sour Cream Red Potato Salad with Bacon and Scallions
Author: Jeff Parker
Recipe type: Side
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 4 strips cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 3 scallions sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard, I used Maille
- 1 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add potatoes to a pot of cold salted water. Bring to a boil and cook for around 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and cool the potatoes completely to room temperature.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the bacon, scallions, and parsley. Stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, and red wine vinegar and pour over the potato salad. Toss gently until potatoes are completely coated. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Cheers and Happy Grilling!
Anne Maxfield says
Sounds great! My farmer neighbor just dropped off a big bag of red potatoes so I’m set!
Jeff Parker says
Anne!!! I am going to be working in NYC from Sept 3 to Oct 6… we have to meet and have coffee, lunch, cocktails or something!! 🙂
Wait… you have a farmer neighbor??