Burgers are everywhere on restaurant menus across America but how often have you encountered a genuinely perfect burger? Most of the burgers I encounter aren’t bad but often times are dry and have very little flavor. That’s why I love making freshly ground burgers at home using a blend of beef short ribs & chuck and cooking them on my Bull Grill using the Slide-In Removable Griddle.Jump to Recipe
Using a blend of beef short ribs & chuck gives us the perfect fat to meat ratio which creates a juicy, flavorful burger. Using this blend gives the burger a decadent and tasty 30% fat content. Using short ribs will give us the perfect amount of rich tasting fat while being balanced out by meaty tasting chuck.
- Bull Grill
- Bull Slide-In Removable Griddle
- 3 Pounds Boneless Chuck Steak
- 1 Pound Short Ribs with out bone
- Bull Steak and Burger BBQ Rub
- Butter Leaf Lettuce or Romaine
- Remove the meat grinder attachemnt from your prefered grinder and place the meat grinder attachment in the freezer at least 1 hour prior to using (I keep mine in the freezer when not in use). This is important and helps the meat grind better and in lowering the rick of food illness.
- Cut the steaks into roughly 1-2 inch cubes. Spread beef in single layer on a baking sheet & lightly sprinkle our Bull Steak and Burger BBQ Rub on top. Place the tray of beef in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- I run the meat through the grinder twice using the medium or 3/8" grinder plate. While you are grinding your meat alternate between cuts of meat so that you are doing 3 pieces of chuck for every 1 piece of short rib.
- After the meat is ground I form it into patties. Using light touch and taking care not to overwork the meat I form 6-7 ounce balls (a scale comes in handy so that all your burgers are the same size and cook at the same time). After I use all the meat to form balls I then lightly flatten them out using a burger press or by hand. Once you have formed the beef into patties, take your thumb and make a small indentation or well in the center of your patty on one side.
- Grill your burgers on the Slide-In Removable Griddle that has been preheated to 375 degrees. Grill until your desired temperature and dust each side of the patty with Bull Steak and Burger BBQ Rub.
- Top with your choice of cheese, toppings, and wrap burgers with fresh lettuce.