Just because you’re cooking on a gas grill doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy smokey deliciousness! I love pairing my Bull Grill with a smoke box when I want to enjoy a little bit of smoke flavor in my food. Making meatloaf is great because it really absorbs the smoke quickly.
I love cooking meatloaf in a cast iron skillet and covering it with a layer of bacon. I find the bacon not only adds flavor but helps keep the meatloaf from drying out.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsps smoked salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Southwest Mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pork rinds
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup southwest mustard
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Whisk together the sauce ingredient in a bowl and reserve for later.
- Gently combine all the meatloaf ingredients together in a bowl. Be sure to mix only long to combine ingredients without overtaxing.
- Place meatloaf in a greased cast iron skillet or baking pan
- Heat 1/2 the grill to medium heat or 350 degrees and cook until it reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Pro tip – Use a smoke box will your favorite wood for more flavor