Nothing quite warms the bones like a hearty homemade chili gently infused with smoky goodness using your Bison Charcoal Grill! Whether you believe in adding beans to your chili or not I think we can all agree it’s awesome for warming the body and soul during winter. When I make chili I love mixing proteins like chicken thigh and pork chops.
- 1 pound chicken thigh
- 1 pound center cut pork chops
- 1 onion cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 red pepper stemmed, seeded and cut into 8 large pieces
- 1 green pepper stemmed, seeded and cut into 8 large pieces
- 1 orange/yellow pepper stemmed, seeded and cut into 8 large pieces
- 1 yellow onion quartered
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Using your Bison Charcoal Grill or Bull Gas Grill, grill pork, chicken, bell peppers, & onion on medium heat. Grill until they have grill marks and are mostly cooked.
- Remove everything from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes. Chop all the grilled ingredients into bite sized portions and place in a heavy duty pot or cast iron dutch oven. Add the remainder of the ingredients (with the exception of the beans) to the pot.
- Place pot or dutch oven back on the grill and under medium to high heat bring liquid to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes (add beans at the last 15 minutes) or until the ingredients have softened. Season to taste and garnish with avocado, cheese, and sour cream.