Show your sweethearts how much you love them this Valentine’s Day by creating a one-of-a-kind, heart-shaped pizza loaded with their favorite toppings. Throw in a handful of Bull’s top-of-the-line pizza accessories, and make this romantic meal one that will be cherished 4EVER ❤ XOXO ❤ BE MINE ❤.
On the menu this week – Meat Lovers’ Pizza topped with Chili Infused Oil. Loaded with three different types of meat atop a cheesy, thin, heart-shaped crust, this passionate pizza is destined to bring a fiery flame to your loved one’s heart and appetite.
- Easily convert your Bull Gas Grill into an oven by placing either Bull’s PizzaQue Pizza Stone or their 15” Pizza Stone directly on top of the grill grates. Using direct heat along with the lid closed creates the perfect outdoor oven!
- I like to use semolina or a combo of semolina and flour to help shape my pizza dough. IMPORTANT: Before loading the heart-shaped pizza dough with the toppings, check that there is plenty of semolina/flour under the dough. If too little, you take the risk of the pizza dough sticking due to the weight of the finished pizza.
- Have trouble forming the dough into a heart and keeping the shape? Don’t worry! Just let the dough rest for 5 minutes and then try again. Make sure to exaggerate the shape of the heart knowing that once placed into the oven, the exaggerated lines shrink down and will form a one-of-a-kind heart for your CUTIE PIE ❤.
- The choices are endless when it comes to creating your one-of-a-kind, heart-shaped pizza. Use this recipe as a guide and substitute ingredients to your liking. I love using homemade pesto to change the flavors up. Take it up another notch and crack a fresh egg on top of the pizza the last 3 minutes of cooking, and your dipping sauce just escalated to a whole new level!
- 1 lb. fresh pizza dough, store-bought or homemade, formed into a ball
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, depending on how much cheese you like
- 1 cup pizza sauce, depending on how much sauce you like
- 14 slices pepperoni, cut into heart shaped
- 1 piece mild Italian sausage, removed from casing, broken into small pieces, cooked, drained
- 6 pieces Prosciutto, thinly sliced, formed into rosettes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Dried Italian herbs, to taste
- Baby arugula, for garnish
- Fresh Parmesan shavings, for garnish
- Chili infused oil, drizzled on top, to finish (red pepper flakes can be used as substitution)
- Preheat the Bull's Extra Large Pizza oven to 500- 550 degrees. Watch this short video on how to get your pizza oven started. Bull’s Thermal Gun allows you to determine the exact temperature of the pizza stone surface which is essential to cooking the perfect pizza!
- Sprinkle some semolina and/or flour on the countertop, and start to form the ball of pizza dough into a large circle. Using your hands and knuckles, stretch the dough gently, rotating your hands around the edge of the pizza, allowing the pizza to stretch in all directions.
- Dust the Bull's Hardwood Rolling Pin with some flour and gently roll the entire surface space of the pizza, stretching the dough into as thin or thick of a pizza desired. Make sure pizza dough isn’t sticking to table, add more flour underneath if needed.
- To form the bottom section of the heart, pinch the bottom of the dough with your thumb and pointer finger, and pull down into a point, resembling a teardrop.
- Using your pointer finger, take the top, middle section of the pizza dough and push down towards the center. Adjust, exaggerate the shape a bit more, and your heart is ready for some topping love!
- Drizzle the evoo evenly onto the pizza dough along with a pinch of the dried Italian herbs, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the pizza sauce.
- Add the freshly grated mozzarella.
- Add the heart shaped pepperoni, cooked sausages pieces evenly onto the pizza so that each slice will get a bite of each.
- With Bull's Pro Perforated Peel, sprinkle a little semolina to the top of the peel and carefully place the pizza on top of the peel. The use of the semolina makes this process easier and allows the pizza dough to move.
- Place the pizza in the corner opposite of the fire and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once the dough starts to bubble and turn slightly brown, rotate the pizza so the back of the pizza is now rotated towards the front. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until done. More time may be needed depending on the thickness of the dough.
- Right before the pizza is done, take the pizza peel and lift the pizza up to the center- top of pizza oven, giving it a final blast of heat and remove.
- To serve, place the prosciutto rosettes on top of the pizza along with some baby arugula resembling leaves for the rosettes and finish with parmesan shavings and drizzle with the infused chili oil.
- Use Bull’s Wood Pizza Cutter to slice the finished pizza. Enjoy, as you watch your valentine’s heart melt right in front of your eyes with every bite!
❤ Chef Amy – be sure to spread the love and acts of kindness to those who are alone this Valentine’s Day. Simple acts of affection can lift one’s spirit and warm the soul. Make your heart shine bright this upcoming week and pay it forward!!