Looking for the ultimate grilled recipe for tailgating this season? I’ve got you covered! This week’s recipe is perfect for feeding a large group of hungry fans and is easy on the chef come game day. All prep can be done ahead of time, and grilling is a breeze for the grill master. My ultimate corn on the cob “bar” offers a handful of fun, endless toppings to choose from and allows each tailgating guest to customize their own grilled corn. TOUCHDOWN!
This week on the menu, the ultimate tailgating grilled corn on the cob “bar.” First off, creamy alfredo topped with fresh cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic, and fresh purple basil. Next up, shredded sharp cheddar cheese topped with crispy bacon and jalapeno. Looking for something sweet? Try the whipped butter with hot honey topped with sliced fresh jalapeno, cilantro and lavender salt. One of my favorites, Amy’s homemade pesto topped with toasted pine nuts, roasted Roma tomatoes and garlic. Looking for street style? Try the lime aioli topped with cotija cheese, Tajín, fresh lime zest and juice. YUM! Last, but not least, one that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Honey butter topped with sweet amarena wild cherries and a balsamic glaze. From spicy, salty, sweet, tart… the assortment of toppings for the sweet grilled corn make this football finger food a game winner!
- I like to save the bacon oil after cooking to brush onto the corn before grilling. Adds amazing flavor!
- Give yourself time for the corn to cool down before serving. This allows the hungry fans to grab the grilled corn without burning their fingers and makes loading the toppings on a breeze!
- Did you say you’re vegan? I’ve got your back. Just substitute the dairy (butter and cheese) with your favorite vegan brand, and you are good to go. Don’t forget the vegan bacon!
- Grilled Corn:
- 8 ears of corn
- 2 sticks melted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to season
- Alfredo sauce (click here for recipe)
- Roasted garlic
- Cherry tomatoes, washed and cut into quarters
- Purple basil, chiffonade
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- Hot honey and whipped butter (click here for recipe)
- Fresh jalapeno, sliced thin
- Cilantro leaves
- Lavender salt
- Pesto (click here for recipe)
- Roasted roma tomatoes
- Toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan shavings
- Aioli (click here for recipe) with fresh lime juice
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Lime zest and juice
- Honey butter
- Amarena wild cherries
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the Angus Bull Grillon high heat for 15 minutes. Using the Bull monster brush, clean and oil the grates. Place the cleaned corn on the cob onto the grill over the direct heat of the flames. Allow the corn to get brown on one side before turning it over, about 10 minutes. Allow all sides of the corn to brown, total cooking time around 20 minutes. Once done, place the corn onto a platter and allow it to cool before serving. Serve grilled corn along with assorted toppings and have fun!
💖💖 Chef Amy 💖💖
P.S. Looking for a delicious chili recipe for tailgating? Check out my delicious recipe!