Making a great tasting turkey is easy using our spatchcock method and smoking it over Bull Competition Blend Lump Charcoal using the Bison Grill. With all of the turkey floating around during the holidays it’s pretty easy to get turkeyed out. That’s why I love using leftover turkey and transforming it into something different then normal Thanksgiving fair. One of my favorite recipes to make use of my turkey leftovers is a turkey cauliflower risotto with grilled asparagus.
Smoked turkey has a lot of flavor and versatility and can be incorporated into a variety of dishes as a “leftover.” Here are my Top 5 favorite leftover turkey recipes!
- Turkey cauliflower risotto
- Turkey tacos
- Turkey & cranberry sandwiches
- Shredded turkey salad
- Turkey & avocado toast
- 1 lb leftover turkey shredded and warmed
- 1 dozen thin asparagus spears grilled
- 12 ounces frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp European style butter
- 5 cloves of garlic diced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 ounce cheddar
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Heat 1 tsp butter in a large sauce pan using medium heat.
- Add garlic and sautée for 2 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream and reduce cream mixture by half using low heat.
- Add in frozen cauliflower and mix until it has defrosted.
- Add in basil, salt, parmesan cheese, and cheddar; stir until cheese has fully melted.
- Pour basil cauliflower risotto into a bowl and top with turkey and asparagus.