Chicken soup often gets all the attention but in my book, a steaming bowl of tortellini soup with grilled veggies is my soup of choice. It sounds like it’s time-consuming but it’s an easy meal to make when you are short on time or just looking for a tasty soup using your Bull side burners.
- 1 pound fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can lentils
- 1 piece grilled corn removed from the cob
- 1 grilled zucchini
- 1 grilled yellow squash
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Bull Sweet Heat Rub
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill zucchini and corn in Bull Grill until lightly charred and then set aside.
- Use your Bull side burner to heat a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, & Bull Sweet Heat Rub. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Let the soup simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add tortellini and simmer for about ten minutes, until pasta is tender. Finish off the soup by adding grilled corn, zucchini, squash, lentils, and spinach and let simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve hot.