Let the grilling season begin! With the start of May and warmer days greeting us, it is that time of year when the BBQs come out of hibernation and are fired up with excitement. With Cinco de Mayo just days away and Memorial Day around the corner, I ask my fellow grilling enthusiasts….Are you grill ready???
At Bull BBQ, we want to get you back into grilling shape. Whether your grill was placed in the garage or left outdoors during the offseason, chances are your grill needs some TLC.
Chef’s Tips: How to start the grilling season off Bull BBQ ready!
- Grade A Grates: Chances are, your grill grates show signs of rust, baked on grease and carbon deposits from last grilling season. Not to worry. Try using Bull’s Grill Grate Cleaner. This amazing product is a non-toxic, fast-acting, spray cleaner that clings to the grate surface and penetrates quickly to remove the unwanted bbq gunk! Onced rinsed with water, your grill grates are ready for a fresh seasoning of oil. Place an oil-soaked rag in between Bull’s Vineyard Hardwood Tongs, and it is time to season the grill over a hot fire, ready to take on the bbq season!
- Shining Inside and Out: Show your grill some love and make it a habit at the start of every BBQ season. At Bull, we highly recommend a top-to-bottom cleaning, along with the inside and outside, removing all grease and residue buildup. Bull’s Efflorescence Remover works wonders for the outside of the grill, removing the unwanted calcium deposits. After each grilling session, wipe down the outside of the grill with Bull’s Stainless Steel Protectant Wipes, removing all the blemishes and adding a fresh layer of cleaner to protect and keep the stainless steel like new.
- Leak Free: Too often, the cold, harsh winter weather can harm and damage the propane hookup to the grill. It is extremely important that ALL parts are checked routinely, and that there are no gas leaks. At Bull, grilling safety is our top priority. Check out the frequently asked questions link on our website for troubleshooting propane issues. If there is something you need help with and is not listed, please contact us at 800-521-2855 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grill to Impress: Now that you are ready to take on this grilling season like a pro, don’t fall short when it comes time to meal prep! Check out Bull’s blog – www.grillingoutdoorrecipes.com for your weekly grilling inspiration! Craving seafood tacos? I got you covered! Check out this amazing grilled prawn tacos with cilantro slaw recipe. YUM!
- For the Marinade:
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Bull’s Sweet Heat Dry Rub
- For the Tacos:
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, marinated
- 18-24 white corn tortillas, mini
- To Garnish:
- Cilantro, leaves removed, roughly chopped
- Limes, cut into halves, quartered
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- White onion, small dice
- Avocado, sliced thin
- Hot sauce of choice
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- Pickled Red Onions
- For the Marinade: Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Place the chicken thighs in a large ziplock bag and carefully pour the marinade into the bag. Remove as much air from the bag, seal tight, and place into the fridge at least one hour up to overnight.
- For the Tacos: Preheat the Bull grill with medium-high heat for 15 minutes. Using Bull’s non-stick spray, season the grill grates well. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Place the chicken thighs on the hot grill, cooking with direct heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes, allowing grill marks to form before turning over. Finish cooking another 6-8 minutes, until done. The Bull Instant Read Flip Tip Digital Thermometer should read 165 degrees in the thickest part of the thighs. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest before chopping up into small pieces. Turn the fire down to low, place the tortillas down, and cook for 1 minute per side.
- Taco Assembly: Layer two mini tortillas together. Topp with chopped chicken thighs, salsa, sour cream, diced white onion, pickled red onions, avocado, squeeze of lime and topped off with chopped cilantro. Enjoy immediately!
♥ Chef Amy