One of my favorite pieces of beef to grill is not a filet but a Tri-Tip! By lightly smoking and then finishing it off on a hot Bull grill you can create amazing flavors. I layer and build on those flavors by creating a marinade, using the Bull Sweet Heat Rub, for the tri-tip that is tangy and a little sweet.
Red Wine Vinegar & Maple Glazed Tri-tipPrint
- 1 tri-tip
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup southwestern mustard
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 tbsp Bull Sweet Heat BBQ Rub
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine vinegar, syrup, mustard, ginger, Bull Sweet Heat BBQ Rub in a bowl.
- Slowly whisk in oil a few drops at a time.
- Place tri-tip in a container and pour marinade over meat.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Smoke in Bison Charcoal Grill or grill on a Bull gas grill. Cook until your desired doneness, I recommend cooking to an internal temp of 130°–135°F (54–57°C) for medium-rare or 135°–145°F (57–63°C) for medium.