Unbelievable flavor from these rib-eyes steaks that are first marinated and then spread with a thin layer of grainy mustard before grilling — brought to you by our BULL BBQ Grilling Team!
Peppercorn Mustard Encrusted Rib-Eye
- 6 rib-eye steaks each 1-inch thick
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme
- 1 generous pinch coarse sea salt
- Combine wine, oil, shallots, garlic, 2 teaspoons mustard, Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon peppercorns, thyme and salt into a blender or food processor and mix well. Transfer to a glass baking dish or large Ziploc bag and add steaks, turning several times so they are well coated. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Remove steaks from marinade and pat dry. Spread a thin layer of remaining mustard over one side of each steak and add place on grill, mustard-side down. Brush remaining mustard mixture over exposed side and grill, turning once, until cooked as desired, 8 to 12 minutes total for medium-rare. Check temperature with BULL Reusable Steak Button Set to make sure it is within desired range.
-Bull Outdoor Products Inc.