Sweet and spicy, these spice-rubbed steaks are sure to be a hit at your next cookout!
Ginger Spice BBQ Strip Steaks
Author: Bull BBQ
Recipe type: Direct heat
- 4 ½-inch thick NY strip steaks
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture generously on both sides of the steaks. Sear the steaks over a high temperature for about 1 minute per side to get nice color. Reduce the heat and continue grilling until done. Depending on the thickness the remaining cooking time can be anywhere from about 2 minutes per side to 5 minutes per side. Always use a thermometer to get the temperature right to about 135-140 degrees F for medium-rare. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes and plan on the temperature rising about 5 more degrees after you take it off the grill.