Whiskey Pete got his name for a reason! These wonderfully flavored, whiskey marinated chops will be a hit at your next grill-out!
Recipe of the Week
Whiskey Pete's Grilled Pork Chops
Author: Bull BBQ
Recipe type: Direct heat
- 6 bone-in pork chops, ¾-inch thick
- ½ cup diced Vidalia onion
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup bourbon whiskey
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Trim fat from pork. Combine the onion, lemon juice, whiskey, honey, soy sauce, ginger, olive oil, and garlic into a large Ziplock bag. Add chops, squeeze excess air from bag and seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 or 4 hours and as long as overnight.
- Remove pork from bag about 30 minutes prior to grilling and allow to come up to room temperature; reserving marinade. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Place marinade in an small saucepan and bring to a boil for 1 minute; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and place the pork on cleaned and oiled grill rack. Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side or until meat thermometer registers 155 degrees, turning and basting pork occasionally with marinade.