I love making pulled pork in either my Bison Charcoal Grill or Bull Gas Grill with a smoker box. My “problem” is that I always have too much leftover pulled pork for me and the family to enjoy. Recently I’ve taken to vacuum sealing and freezing the leftover pulled pork. That way I can enjoy it whenever I’m in the mood for a quick meal. One of our favorite meals with leftovers pulled pork carnitas quesadillas. By adding a few extra ingredients I turn the pulled pork into quick carnitas.
- 1 lb. leftover pulled pork http://www.grillingoutdoorrecipes.com/winter-grilling-hankering-for-pulled-pork/
- 1 8 oz. bag Fiesta Blend cheese
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
- 2 oranges
- 1 dozen flour tortillas
- 2 tsp. salted butter
- high smoke point oil like avocado oil or safflower oil
- Preheat Bull Griddle to medium heat for 5 minutes. Coat griddle with a very thin amount of oil and wipe off excess. Cook peppers and onions on griddle and season with salt & pepper. Add in leftover pulled pork and cook until it’s reheated. Squeeze oranges over pulled pork mixture and cook for an additional minute. Set aside pork mixture. Scrape off the griddle and re-season with a light layer of cooking oil.
- Warm tortillas on the griddle with butter for 20-30 seconds on each side.
- Build the quesadilla by layering pulled pork mixture and cheese on the bottom tortilla. Top with 2nd tortilla and carefully flip. Cook until cheese has melted and both tortillas are crisp.
- Let quesadillas rest for 5 minutes and then cut in half & serve. Our Grilled Salsa Verde is a great accompaniment for the quesadillas.