My kids love appetizers and I have to say I don’t blame them. Whether we are getting together for a pot luck or Sunday dinner one of my favorite appetizers to make is nut crusted goat cheese. It’s easy and tastes amazing lightly grilled in a Bull Grill.
- 10.5 oz. log plain goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup almonds (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Bull Sweet Heat BBQ Rub
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup almond flour
- Preheat Bull Pizza Oven or Bull Grill to 350 degrees. If using the grill use indirect heat by turning off 1/2 the burners and cooking on the side that is off.
- Slice goat cheese into 8 equal round pieces
- Add nuts, garlic powder, onion powder, Bull Sweet Heat Rub, parmesan cheese, and salt into a bowl. Mix the ingredients together.
- Beat egg & a few drops of water in a shallow bowl.
- Lightly wet your hands and hand form slices of goat cheese into round pucks.
- Dredge goat cheese pucks in almond flour and shake off excess
- Dip slices one at a time into the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Then place cheese pucks in the nut mixture, covering the entire surface with nuts. Press the nuts lightly into the cheese. Place on a lightly greased cast iron pan and repeat process until all the goat cheese has been coated in nuts.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the nuts turn dark golden brown but do not burn. Check-in on the grill process every 5 minutes until done.
- Serve on a salad or on their own for a tasty appetizer.