Let’s face it. There is nothing better in life than our loving mothers and our love of pizza! This Mother’s day, let’s take the entertaining out back to our Bull Outdoor Kitchen and combine these two great loves! What more could Mom ask for? A fun, interactive dessert that allows the entire family to personalize their own pizza and show Mom just how much she is loved and appreciated.
This week on the menu – Wood-fired, sweet dessert pizza. Crispy, bubbly (see video), golden brown pizza dough layered with zesty mascarpone cheese, grilled mango, fresh seasonal berries, and drizzled with nutella. Top with fresh, edible flowers, purple basil, and mint just picked from the garden. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, and this pizza will put your mom’s sweetness to the test!
- Searching for the perfect gift for your parents? Take a look at Bull’s professional pizza kit, the perfect assortment of ALL the must-have pizza accessories that will have your parents looking like a pro. This kit includes Bull’s ash shovel. WIth its long aluminum handle, it is the perfect accessory for easy removal of ashes after cooking your pizza.
- Don’t own a Bull Pizza Oven? Not to worry. By placing Bull’s 15 inch pizza stone inside a hot Bull BBQ with the lid closed, this creates an oven for baking crispy pizza. Don’t own a pizza stone? I got your back! Bull’s pizza peel allows the pizza dough to slide with ease right on top of the hot, oiled grill grates. By using direct heat, you can grill the pizza right on your Bull bbq. Check out this other amazing recipe on Bull’s blog on how to grill the perfect pizza.
- To save on time, visit your favorite local pizzaria or bakery to purchase the fresh pizza dough. The end results are delicious and allow for more time to be spent with the family. Premade fresh dough is also available at most supermarkets in the frozen section. Follow the steps on how to properly defrost frozen pizza dough, and watch the bubbles form and the dough rise, right in front of your eyes.
- 1 fresh pizza dough, fresh or store bought
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 mango, skin removed, cut into ¼ inches pieces, grilled
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into half, quartered
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Fresh edible flowers, for garnish
- Fresh purple basil, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Amarena wild cherries in syrup, for garnish
- Olive oil, to brush onto the pizza
- For the Pizza Dough: Preheat the Bull pizza oven to 450 - 500 degrees. Use Bull’s thermo gun to check the temperature of the pizza stone’s surface. Sprinkle some semolina or flour on the workspace countertop. Using Bull’s hardwood rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of about ¼ inch thick. Lightly brush a layer of olive oil evenly onto the pizza dough. With the Bull pro perforated peel, carefully place the pizza on top of the peel. The use of the semolina makes this process easier and allows the pizza dough to move. Place the pizza in the corner opposite of the fire and let it cook for about 3 minutes. Once the dough starts to bubble and turn slightly brown, rotate the pizza so the back of the pizza is now rotated towards the front. Once done, remove the pizza from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- For the Pizza Toppings: Time to have fun! In a bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese, lemon juice, zest, and honey. Add a layer of zesty mascarpone cheese on top of the pizza dough. Next, add the grilled mango and assorted fresh berries. Now drizzle nutella over the top of the berries, and finish with fresh edible flowers, mint and purple basil, and a dust of confectioners’ sugar. Slice and eat immediately with your mom!
♥ Chef Amy
💕 To all the mom’s out there, here’s to celebrating your existence! 💖
I’m so pleased I’m loved as much as pizza! I love Pizza too! 🍕 My first experience with wood fired was in Cremona ,Italy. Nothing better, and Amy’s Bull wood fired are exceptional! The photo should be hanging in the MOMA!
Amy Aberle-Rogan says
Wonderful memories, indeed!