This sweet and spicy sauce is excellent on pork, chicken, and shellfish. First, make a little rub with kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, ground ginger and a pinch of ground cloves to add another layer of flavor to your grilled food!
Mango-Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Author: Jeff Parker
Serves: 4 cups
- 1 pound diced fresh or frozen mango, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup light rum
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 dried chipotle chilies, with or without seeds; stems removed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a low boil for 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree. Return to pan and simmer until desired consistency (add water to thin, if necessary).
- Will keep stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for one week.
Cheers and Happy Grilling!
[…] Ingredients: 2 racks pork ribs – either baby back or spare ribs Rub = 3 Tablespoons garlic rub + 1 Tablespoon ground ginger 1 cup apple cider 2 cups Mango-Chipotle BBQ Sauce […]