Grilling pineapple is cool but have you ever tried grilling watermelon? Grilled watermelon can be used in anything from agua frescas to salads but I love using grilled watermelon to make gazpacho!
With summer upon us and watermelons a plenty it only makes sense to find different ways to enjoy them. The high moisture content means that when we grill them the water will quickly evaporate leaving us concentrated watermelon goodness.
Gazpacho is traditionally a Spanish cold soup made with tomatoes as the base. This soup is an awesome way to cool down after a hot summer day while still being able to enjoy grilling on your Bull Grill. Not only does using watermelon in the gazpacho add a unique flavor but there is a lot of health benefits! Watermelon is a great way to get hydrated and it’s full of nutrients including Vitamin C.
- 2 Cups Grilled Watermelon
- 1 Cup Basil
- 1/4 Cup Mint
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Onion
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 Grilled Cucumber
- 1/2 Serrano Chile
- 1 Tablespoon Roasted Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Diced Avocado
- Pico de Gallo
- Grill watermelon, onion, & Serrano chile on Bull Grill.
- Cool watermelon, onion, & Serrano chile slightly.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until pureed. Depending on your blender you may have to strain to get a smooth consistency.
- Cool gazpacho until cold. Serve cold and garnish with avocado, pico de gallo, or fresh herbs.