At Bull Outdoor Products, we want to change the way you barbeque! We work hard at designing and creating our one-of-a-kind grilling accessories to make your grilling experience the best. This week I am featuring one of our multiple skewer designs to bbq my recipe. If you don’t own a set yet, it’s time for you to grab a set of Bull’s stainless steel flexible skewers. They make prep and grilling a cinch. What more could one ask for?
Bull’s flexible skewers hold more food than straight skewers, which is great for family meals or dinner guests. The flexible design allows for more effective use of space on the bbq grill grates. With the cooler weather setting in soon, the option to prep the food indoors, while staying warm, is a plus in my book! The skewers can be prepped and immersed overnight in a marinade, and the stainless steel won’t rust! How great is that?
This week on the menu, grilled fajita steak skewers. Layers of sliced red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, red onion, and cubed sirloin steak seasoned with Bull’s sweet heat dry rub, grilled directly over the hot coals of the Bison charcoal cart. Don’t forget to make a batch of salsa fresca and homemade guacamole to serve along with the skewers! Have fun choosing your favorite sides to serve along with delicious these delicious sizzling fajitas.
- To clean, Bull recommends that you hand wash the skewers with a mild dishwashing soap, to preserve and extend the useful life of this BBQ tool and accessory. Do not use an abrasive scrubber!
- The skewers may also be washed safely in a dishwasher.
- Don’t forget to use your Bull pitt mitts when handling the skewers. They get extremely hot on the Bull bbq!
- Remember, the meat will shrink in size on the skewer once cooked on the grill. I like to cut the cubes of meat around 1 ½-inches in size. This will give for a nice size of grilled meat for the grilled fajitas!
- 2 lbs. sirloin steak, cubed 1 ½-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons Bull’s sweet heat dry rub
- 2 red bell peppers, cleaned, seeded, cut 1-inch dice
- 2 orange bell peppers, cleaned, seeded, cut 1-inch dice
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cleaned, seeded, cut 1-inch dice
- 2 red onions, cleaned, cut into 1-inch dice
- Homemade guacamole (click here for recipe)
- Salsa fresca
- Sour Cream
- Grilled corn tortillas with cheese (click here for recipe)
- For The Dry Rub: Place the cubed steak in a large bowl and add the Bull sweet heat dry rub. Make sure the seasoning is incorporated throughout all of the meat. Set to the side and allow the steak to marinate as the veggies are prepped for the skewers.
- For The Skewers: Take one of the skewers and alternate between the steak, bell peppers, and onions until equal of amounts of the fajita product is evenly distributed onto all four skewers.
- Building The Fire: Using Bull’s competition lump charcoal and black chimney starter, build a hot fire on the Bison grill. Once the charcoal is ready (started to turn gray on outside), spread it out evenly. For optimum charring and direct heat, make sure the adjustable charcoal basket is set as close to the grill grates. Using Bull’s monster grill brush, scrape the heated grill rack clean. Rub the rack with oil.
- To Grill: Place the skewers onto the hot, clean grill grates and cook for about 4-5 minutes before turning over. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until the meat is cooked and the veggies have nice char marks.
- To Serve: Serve the fajita skewers along with the guacamole, salsa fresca, sour cream, grilled corn tortillas with cheese (along with any other side you would like to serve with your meal) and enjoy!
♥ Chef Amy