This is a great salad of grill roasted vegetable (and a fantastic way to use all the zucchini that’s spilling over in yours or your neighbors garden), plus a little bacon, of course! The only dressing necessary is a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a few snips of fresh chives to make the vegetable sing!
- 2 ears corn, grilled
- 2 medium zucchini, grilled
- 2 summer or yellow squash, grilled
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes (I used heirloom)
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lemon
- Small bunch of fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove the kernels from the cooked corn -- the easiest way I've found is to stand the corn on end and cut down the sides into a shallow bowl or on a rimmed baking sheet so the kernels don't fly off the cutting board; transfer the corn to a large serving bowl. Dice the cooked squash and add to the bowl along with the remaining vegetables and the crumbled bacon. Keep refrigerated or at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Before serving, snip the chives over the vegetables (I think they look pretty about ½-inch long). Squeeze half the lemon over the vegetables and season with salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Toss and taste; adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Cheers and Happy Grilling!