Whether it’s Taco Tuesday or any other day that ends in Y, I love adding salsa to my food. Salsas can vary from region to region and family to family. One of my favorite salsas is a grilled salsa verde that is super easy to make and a great accompaniment to practically any dish.
- 2 lbs tomatillos rinsed & husked
- 4 serrano peppers
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1/2 lime juiced
- green onion
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- In a large bowl toss tomatillos, serrano peppers, & onion in avocado oil.
- Preheat Bull Grill to medium heat and grill tomatillos, peppers, and onion for about 4 minutes on each side or until grill marks begin to form.
- Remove tomatillos, peppers, and onion from grill and place in pot. Fill pot with water until tomatillos, peppers, and onions are barely covered with water. Bring to a boil on your Bull Side Burner and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Blend until your desired consistency with salt, lime juice, and garlic. Add in peppers one at a time until you’ve reached your desired heat preference.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro. Serve chilled or hot.